I love teaming up with my blogging friends when they ask if I’m up for a challenge! Terrie from @decorateandmorewithtip asked if I would like to be involved with her Anthropologie challenge and I knew I couldn’t say no! Today, I want to share with you a challenge for a DIY Anthropologie basket! I wanted to try making mine look slightly different from the one in the picture.
I used this rope from the Dollar Tree and a crochet yarn from Hobby Lobby. I only used two strands of the rope and a very small amount of the crochet yarn.
I started the basket by winding the rope around and wrapping the yarn around the rope, two layers at a time. I used my crochet needle to push the yarn through the rope.
It was relatively easy to make and I could have easily made it a lot larger. I have enough rope and yarn to make another basket!
I think that it definitely did not turn out how I envisioned but it is definitely a start and something to work with or build on in the future! I added my Christmas cactus to my basket and styled it in our newly renovated pop-up camper! I hope y’all enjoy checking out my friends and how they each made their own version of this basket!
I have teamed up with several of my blogging friends to a Clearance Challenge. We were challenged to find a home décor item under $15. I had been eyeing the succulents at Wal-Mart for awhile. About a month ago, I noticed that they were on clearance for under $4.00 each, so I headed back to Wal-Mart to find my succulent.
Now, these succulents definitely needed some tender loving care! This one looked like it had been over watered. I am hoping I can bring it back to life! I did not like the pot that it was planted in, so I purchased a new terra cotta pot for under a dollar! I decided to “age” the terra cotta pot.
Now, y’all know I love me some chalk paint! I decided to use my DIY chalk paint recipe to age my terra cotta pot. My recipe is 1/2 c Sherwin Williams latex paint in Extra White, 1/4 c baking soda and 1/2 tbsp. water. Mix well until there are no lumps.
Apply one thick coat of chalk paint with a dry brush. With a damp rag, remove some of the paint and allow the remaining paint to dry.
At this point, you could leave it or add one more coat. I chose to add another coat. I painted another thick layer.
Once the second coat is tacky to the touch, rub the paint off with your fingers. I also used the damp rag to help achieve a more chippy finish. Please excuse the black spray paint on my fingers. (Project from this morning.)
Here is the finished result! I love how it turned out! For this Clearance Challenge, I spent $3.50 on the succulent from Wal-Mart and $0.74 on the new terra cotta pot. The painting supplies, I already had on hand. Total spent with tax is $4.60!
You must be logged in to post a comment.